Bloomberg Co-Founder Tom Secunda took the top position of the II Tech 50 — an annual ranking of financial industry technology leaders – for the last three years. With his recent ascension to the Bloomberg management committee, Bloomberg’s CTO Shawn Edwards and Global Head of R&D Vlad Kliatchko became eligible for the list. We were thrilled to see that in their first year they cracked the top 10 – coming in at #6.
As Tom told II, “They are two great technologists leading a team of great technologists who epitomize our culture of constant innovation.”
When choosing who should be included in this global financial tech elite, II said, “What sets these executives apart goes beyond their considerable understanding of software applications and system performance as components of corporate strategy. These leaders think big about the global or macro implications of technology-driven change.”
Here are a few examples of what we’ve been up to the past 12 months:
- At Bloomberg Open Source Is More Than A Buzzword: We Do It Every Day
- Apple Taps Bloomberg Business For First News App
- NewCo NYC: Discussing Innovation At Bloomberg
- Our West Coast Tech Hub: Open For Business
- Commitment To Continuous Innovation
- At Bloomberg We’ve Made Brisket. And It Can Make Anything.
To read the full story, click here.