2015 was a busy year for us. We opened our first West Coast Tech Hub, launched the first ever financial enterprise app for the iPad Pro and expanded our relationship with Twitter, among other things. We also claimed a top position in the II Tech 50, an annual ranking of financial industry technology leaders, with CTO Shawn Edwards and Global Head of R&D Vlad Kliatchko cracking the top ten.
We expanded our scope of coverage, and dug deeper into our technology organization and efforts than ever before. We also started to introduce the world to some of the individual technology leaders at Bloomberg including Q&A’s with Adam Wolf (about our work with Solr), Bonnie John (about UX design and discoverability) and Roger Piqueras Jover (about mobile security).
Given the increase in our output (nearly twice as many blog posts as 2014) as well as our audience, we wanted to look back on some of this year’s highlights. So we’ve put together our own “Top 10” list based on readership. Note, two blogs (#5 and #9 on the list) were actually first published in 2014, but we decided to leave them in because surprisingly, a significant part of the traffic was generated in 2015. We’re glad those who missed them the first time around were able to discover them and hope this list helps others do the same.
Thanks for reading (and sharing) our blog. And we hope to have more of you visit in 2016.
- At Bloomberg We’ve Made Brisket. And It Can Make Anything.
- Bloomberg Businessweek Releases The Code Issue Special Multi-platform Package on Demystifying Code
- Bloomberg and Twitter Sign Data Licensing Agreement
- Bloomberg Builds New Coding Contest Platform
- The Current State of Machine Intelligence
- Got What it Takes? Enter C++ Challenge for Chance to Attend CppCon
- 5 Awesome Things Your Office Needs
- Our West Coast Tech Hub Open For Business
- Bloomberg 23″ Monitor Recognized as Energy Star “Most Efficient” for 2014
- Coming Soon to Apple Watch: Bloomberg Business